Karachi, 1 August 2018 – Google today released its YouTube Ads Leaderboard for Pakistan in the January-to-June time period. This list represents the top 10 ads and branded content people chose to watch on YouTube through a combination of popularity and promotion.
According to an Ipsos research, YouTube is the number one online video streaming platform among millennials in Pakistan with it reaching 80 percent of online millennials residing in metro cities in Pakistan. Globally, 1.9 billion people log into YouTube every single month. On aggregate, 1 billion hours of video is watched on YouTube each day.
Brand Title Agency
1. Goto.com Kia Pakistan India per baazi lay gaya? (1.44) Olive Digital
2. Peek Freans Peek Freans Cake Up | TVC 2018 | Real Rishtey (3.46) OMD/Ogilvy & Mather
3. Ariel Ariel: Oho Nahi, Hoo Hoo (0:55) Starcom / Adcom
4. Lifebuoy Dr.Lifebuoy V/S Jaraseem Episode 4 (5:07) Mindshare / Lowe & Rauf
5. Pepsi Pepsi | Cricket | Music (2:49) Mindshare / IAL Saatchi & Saatchi
6. Nestle NESTLÉ CERELAC Loree Kahani presents Chanda Mama sung by Ali Noor & Zeb Bangash! (3:50) Maxus / Ogilvy & Mather
7. Strepsils Khayal Rakhna – Acapella Version by Ali Noor (3:16) Adcom Zenith Optimedia
8. Knorr Knorr Crispy Chicken Burger (0:40) Mindshare / Broomstick
9. Telenor Telenor I-Champ | Episode 3 (43:01) OMD / Ogilvy & Mather
10. Coca-Cola Zaalima Chai Ko Thand Kara De, Coca-Cola Pila De (0:45) Starcom / Ogilvy & Mather
Key trends from this leaderboard include:
⦁ Made for digital: Unlike in the offline world where space and time is limited, YouTube offers brands and agencies a creative canvas, allowing them as much or as little time as they need to tell their story in whatever form works best for their message. Long-form or short-form works equally well as long as they are engaging, and YouTube ads allow creativity to flow as the narrative requires.
⦁ Millennials spend time on YouTube: many of the ads are catered toward millennials, including those with strong female leads across the ads that populate the leaderboard.
“These trending ads and branded content are a reminder of the amazing creativity alive today in the Pakistani ads industry. These videos show that it’s not only new technology, but also the ancient art of storytelling that creates a winning combination. YouTube offers brands a creative canvas to tell stories that resonate with consumers in whatever shape best fits them,” said Farhan Qureshi, Regional Head at Google Asia Pacific.